Join Us on Zoom for Our First GGFA Virtual Gathering
June 26th, 2021 4:00 – 6:30 pm Eastern (US)
4:00-4:45 pm Eastern (US): “Navigating our New GGFA Website” – Bob Inhoff, GGFA Webmaster
- GGFA has just launched its completely redesigned website. GGFA Webmaster, Bob Inhoff, will give us a guided tour and highlight key features so that members can get the greatest benefits. There will also be time for questions.
15 min break, or chat time
5:00-5:45 pm Eastern (US): “Reconstructing Family Histories for African Americans, Enslaved and Free” presented by Stacy Ashmore Cole
- As a family history researcher, you may wonder whether your ancestors were slaveholders, or you may be looking for enslaved ancestors. How do you find the documentation? References to enslaved people abound in digitized wills, estate inventories, and other records, but many of these records are contained in unindexed online collections at FamilySearch and Ancestry. Stacy Cole will explain how to find these records, demonstrate her website project for documenting them, and tell some stories.
15 min break, or chat time
6:00-6:30 pm Eastern (US): “A Conversation with GGFA Co-Founder, Pam Pressney,” featuring Pam Pressney and Denise Wells
- The Goff-Gough Family Association is 40 years old this year! It was begun in 1981 by Mary K. Barnard, Herb Evans and Pamela Pressney. Join us on June 26 to hear Pam describe in her own words, how these three Goff researchers from across the United States joined together to found and organize the Goff-Gough Family Association. Today, GGFA membership has reached beyond the boundaries of the US to the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
Coming September 25, 2021
4:oo – 6:30 pm Eastern (US)
“Origination of Gough Families” – presented by Norman Gough, Lower Penn, S Staffordshire UK
“Instant Family Tree” presented by Phil Goff, GGFA DNA Coordinator, Davidson, NC
✤ Who can attend?
- Anyone with an interest in the history of families with all variants of the Gough and Goff surnames.
- For current GGFA members, the conference is free.
- Not yet a member, but would like to attend? Become a new member today by clicking here, and then register for the GGFA Virtual Gatherings.
✤ Other Information
- We will use Zoom for our virtual gathering. We are asking members to please register before the meeting to help us plan and so that we can send you the link to access the meeting.
- If you are not familiar with using Zoom for video conferences, you can also indicate on the registration form that you would like to receive some information on how to use it.
- To register, please click on the “Register Now” link below.