Our First GGFA Virtual Gathering
June 26th, 2021
4:00 – 6:30 pm Eastern (US)
4:00-4:05 pm Eastern (US): “Welcome” – Tori Goff – GGFA Council Member
4:05-4:45 pm Eastern (US): “Navigating our New GGFA Website” – Bob Inhoff, GGFA Webmaster
- GGFA has just launched its completely redesigned website. GGFA Webmaster, Bob Inhoff, will give us a guided tour and highlight key features so that members can get the greatest benefits. There will also be time for questions.
4:45-5:00 pm Eastern (US): Take a break or join your cousins in one of our “Breakout Rooms” for informal conversation
5:00-5:45 pm Eastern (US): “Reconstructing Family Histories for African Americans, Enslaved and Free” presented by Stacy Ashmore Cole
- As a family history researcher, you may wonder whether your ancestors were slaveholders, or you may be looking for enslaved ancestors. How do you find the documentation? References to enslaved people abound in digitized wills, estate inventories, and other records, but many of these records are contained in unindexed online collections at FamilySearch and Ancestry. Stacy Cole will explain how to find these records, demonstrate her website project for documenting them, and tell some stories.
- Questions and answers with Stacy
5:45-6:00 pm Eastern (US): Take a break or join your cousins in one of our “Breakout Rooms” for informal conversation
6:00-6:30 pm Eastern (US): “A Conversation with GGFA Co-Founder, Pam Pressney,” featuring Pam Pressney and Denise Wells
- The Goff-Gough Family Association is 40 years old this year! It was begun in 1981 by Mary K. Barnard, Herb Evans and Pamela Pressney. Join us on June 26 to hear Pam describe in her own words, how these three Goff researchers from across the United States joined together to found and organize the Goff-Gough Family Association. Today, GGFA membership has reached beyond the boundaries of the US to the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
Handout: a handout for Stacy Cole’s presentation can be downloaded here (you must be logged in): Stacy Cole Handout
Coming Saturday, September 25, 2021
4:oo – 6:30 pm Eastern (US)
- “Origination of Gough Families” – presented by Norman Gough, Lower Penn, S Staffordshire UK
- “Instant Family Tree” presented by Phil Goff, GGFA DNA Coordinator, Davidson, NC
- And more opportunities for discussion with your cousins
These sessions are being recorded. Once they are ready for viewing, you will receive an email letting you know how to find them on our website.