GGFA launched our new website in June 2021. Along with many exciting new features comes changes to how we handle membership renewals, especially in this transition year.
Your membership status will determine when your renewal is due and how you can renew it.
Use the MEMBERSHIP DASHBOARD (see below) to review your Subscription Status and make any necessary adjustments.
Most of our GGFA members joined before we launched the new website in June 2021. Your previous membership was transferred to the new website for the remainder of the term.
Timing of renewals depends upon your subscription type:
For those who joined from the previous website (until May 31, 2021), you will need renew your membership by the date below by selecting one of the new membership plans.
- If you joined GGFA on or before February 28, 2021, your subscription will be due for renewal December 31.
- IF you joined GGFA between March 1 and May 31, 2021, your subscription will be due for renewal 12 months from the date you joined GGFA.
For those who have joined GGFA since the launch of our new website (June 1, 2021), your renewal date will twelve months from the date you joined GGFA. Unless you paid by check or have paused the recurring billing feature, your renewal will be automatic. Please see below for more details.
You can check on your membership type and when it is due by taking the following steps:
Check on your Subscription Status
- Log in to the Member Only area of the GGFA website at https://goff-gough.com.
- Under the MEMBERSHIP tab at the top, click on MEMBERSHIP DASHBOARD.
- Click on SUBSCRIPTIONS
Alternatives to managing your subscription on our website
if you are unable or prefer not to self-manage your subscription (renew, change or update emails or addresses), you can download and print a membership form and mail it, along with a check for any amount due, to the address listed on the form. Download Membership Form.
Using the Membership Dashboard gives you the ability to make any changes and renew subscriptions immediately. If you prefer to pay by check, you can still use the dashboard, complete the changes, select the pay by check option, and the mail your check to the address indicated.
If you joined GGFA before June 2021
Your subscription tab may look like this:
If your active membership includes the word TRANSFERRED (you joined before we launched our new website), go here for instructions on how to renew. You may also find it helpful to look at the Overview of the Subscription Tab below.
If you joined GGFA from the old website. but have upgraded your subscription to the new RESEARCH MEMBER level, your subscription tab may look like this:
On August 25 the member upgraded to the Research Member plan. The subscription expires on December 31, 2021. The ENABLED label means that auto-renewal feature is turned on. No action is needed. For more information, check this page.
If you joined GGFA after June 1, 2021, your subscription tab may look like this:
On June 4 this person joined GGFA as a new member at the MEMBER level. Auto-Renewal is Enabled. The next billing will be on June 4, 2022. They have the options to update their credit card, upgrade (change) their plan, Pause the auto-renewal, or cancel their subscription. If the member selects Cancel, they will still have their active membership until it expires.
Overview of the Subscription Tab of the GGFA MEMBERSHIP DASHBOARD
We have moved to a Self-Service Membership Dashboard, where members can quickly check and adjust their membership status. On the Subscription Tab you will find the following information:
- MEMBERSHIP – What membership plan you have. If you have made any changes, you may see multiple items. Your current plan will show “YES” under the “Active” column…..
- SUBSCRIPTION – you will see either “None” or “Enabled” along with the amount and date you paid and when the subscription expires.
- ENABLED means that this subscription has been set up for auto-renewal at expiration…… None indicates that it is not enabled. Note: Only the new “Member” and “Research Member” members have the auto-renewal option.
- ACTIVE “Yes” is a currently active subscription. “No” is inactive
- CREATED – displays the date on which this subscription was created
- CARD EXP. – If you paid by credit card and have auto-renew enabled, this will display the expiration date for your credit card. If this date occurs before your next renewal, you will receive a reminder to change or update your credit card on file. Note: Your credit card number and other information is not stored on our GGFA website.
- The right column will list ACTIONS which you can select to update or change your subscription. The options will vary by the plan and payment options you have selected. You can view a list of Options here. The options available to you will depend on your subscription, its status and the payment method you selected.